Dogs in Parks
Be a doggone good neighbor and clean up after you pet!
Pets undoubtedly are important members of the family. However, they need YOUR help to ensure that they make good park guests! Please follow these park rules so that everyone who visits our parks can enjoy them and feel safe:
- Keep dogs leashed at all times while enjoying Naperville Park District parks
- Do not allow your dog to run or roam freely in parks including on ballfields, synthetic turf and elsewhere
- Pick up after your pet; pet excrement can be harmful to people and the environment
- If you forgot to bring a waste container, please use one of our Mutt Mitts that are available in the following park locations:
- The Naperville Park District does not operate any dog parks. However, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County and Forest Preserve District of Will County Please visit their websites for location information and details.
- Proper pet handling is addressed in Naperville Park District Ordinance #641 under Section 2.05: Animals and Pets.
- Any questions should be directed to the Park District at 630-848-5000.